How is everyone? We’re currently “enjoying” a heat wave here which I’m hoping is going to end very soon. No fun when you’re 30 weeks pregnant and chasing after a 27lb 2 year old.
It has its plus sides of course.
- Carmel River State Beach (photo above). Oh my this is a gem and one I probably shouldn’t be blogging about as it’s getting too popular according to the disgruntled locals I heard talking on Sunday. It has a beautiful lagoon on one side and the crashing waves of the Pacific Ocean on the other. We hung out by the lagoon and Emily loved paddling and knocking down the sandcastles daddy made.
- Green Toys tea set. This is probably one of Emily’s most played with toys. She started making “tea” to give to Grandma over Skype over 6 months ago when we first bought it and still delights in handing round the little blue cups to us all. “Cup tea” was one of her first two-word phrases. You can tell she’s British.
- Lena Corwin’s Made by Hand: A Collection of Projects to Print, Sew, Weave, Dye, Knit, or Otherwise Create. I’m already planning to make several projects from this book including a dress that can be adjusted for maternity wear. I only have 10 weeks left to wear it though so I’d better get a move on.
- Eating Whole with Lauren Brimley. I follow Lauren on Instagram and find her so inspiring. She makes great meals for her toddler and is down to earth with her eating and cooking style. I really want to try her raw blueberry cheesecake.
- Toms shoes. The most comfortable shoes I own.
- Thredup (note: link is a referral code, you’ll get $10 off for using it and so will I). This consignment site will send you a bag that you fill with your excellent quality clothes. They’ll decide what is suitable for listing, pay you for them and donate anything else to charity (or you can opt to have items returned for a fee). I’ve sent them a few bits but I’ve bought a lot more! Everything I’ve received has been perfect quality (including a pair of aforementioned Toms) and I’ve kitted Emily out with some great skirts for summer from brands like Boden, Janie & Jack and J Crew. I’m a fan!
Right, I’m off to try out my new ice cream maker. If I like it it’ll make an appearance on June’s favourite things!